Mac 130 oiler....auto or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoStrokeGuy

Reaction score
I just acquired a pair of Mac 130 saws that run great....manual oilers works great. The guy I bought them from said that the auto oilers do not work. I looked at the specs for this saw and it says a Mac 130 has an auto oiler with manual override. My question is....do all Mac 130 saws have an auto oiler of do some models just have a manual oiler? I have attached two photos of the first saw I disassembled to illustrate the situation.
The round casting on the block where the base of the oil pump rests has no airway machined in the block to allow the air pulse to pass to drive the pump. The second photo shows the pump that was on the saw. Note that there is a solid rod in the location where the normal auto oil pump would have the spring,piston,pump seal,etc. This pump has one line to the oil tank and one line to the oiler inlet...so the manual pump works.

Looks to me that this saw is designed for manual oilng only given no hole for an air impulse and this design of oil pump. Perhaps some models were manual oiling only?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• mac pump rod block.jpeg
    mac pump rod block.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mac 130 base mount.jpeg
    mac 130 base mount.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 0
Back