Mac 2-10 and 2-10G compatibility?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms290man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know off the top of their head what parts are common between the 2–10 and the 2–10 G? Looking at the IPL‘s a lot of the parts look the same but have different part numbers. I know the recoil system and the gearbox obviously aren’t the same but what about cylinders, pistons, etc.? Is the G model just a 2-10 with a gearbox? I am trying to piece one back together and I am trying to figure out what available parts I can use for the ones that are bad on this unit I have. Apparently 10 Series gear drive models are not common (although I saw that there is a 5–10 G model also). In for the challenge though!

MS290man

Might be easier to say what you are wanting to replace. Off hand, some stuff is swappable. Tank and rear handle, filter, carb, ignition, flywheel and cover, cylinder cover, piston, rod, maybe the cylinder (depends if the direct drive cylinder has a lip around the crank--it would interfere with the case o-ring.)

Pretty sure the crank is different at the clutch. Oil tank and wrap handle very different.

I have both. Been thru the 2-10G, not the 2-10.

Hi cb,
I know I will need the recoil housing; the unit I have coming doesn’t have one. Supposedly the crank/gearbox turns free but the seller told me the piston skirt broke on the exhaust side so I am assuming cylinder damage. Will a standard 2-10 handle (non-wrap) fit it? I just bought a huge lot of NOS Mac parts so I am hoping I won’t have to buy any of the smalls/common parts. Got a spare recoil housing by chance?

Latest posts

Back