Mcculloch D45 need carb help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altatim

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all, Im new to the forum(but have read a lot as a guest) and I am trying to figure out which Tillotson HL is best for the ole D45 and where to source one. They aren't very common in my area of the world, so getting even a parts machine can be a challenge. I tore out the flatback carb that was in the saw when I got it and as expected, the seals are completely done and I have no desire to put it back in. What should I be looking for and where? Thanks

Post your questions in the McCulloch Chainsaw thread in the "Chainsaw Stickies" area for more response.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/mcculloch-chain-saws.71126/
FWIW, the D-45 was a Canada only saw but there will be several Tillotson HL carburetor that will work, look for one of the "63" from any front tank model (200, 3250, 300, etc.) You will need a spacer, two gaskets, and the choke and throttle rods to complete the switch.

1698931696434.png

Mark

Thanks for the clarification! Is there a good place to start looking for a carb? I’ve not had much luck looking on the Internet and I can’t seem to find anything on buy and sells in Alberta. Not even a full saw I could rob parts off of.

There are usually some listed on eBay, though shipping to Canada makes them less attractive. Look for one with the stud on top for the air filter and equipped with the choke like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3148989332...v3/ql3QtZJXKIBkMXzjlhMhJ6wHU|tkp:BFBMxrWy0_Ji
Post your questions in the McCulloch thread in the stickies where more guys are likely to see it, there may be someone in Canada with better ideas.

There are kits for the flat back carburetors available these days as well if you decide to resurrect the original carburetor.

Mark

Ill post something in the Mcculloch thread and hopefully some folks can help me out. I wasn't inclined to build the flatback again, and even getting a kit for it in Canada costs almost more than I paid for the saw. I might just have to put a Husqvarna 288 carb with some adapters :oops:.... CNC can make a lot of things bolt onto things they were never meant to see

Latest posts

Back