Husqvarna 550xp Mark II carb issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there, finally decided to post a thread after quite a bit o research and not so many results.
I rebuilt a M2 550xp. Went through ALL of It, from the crank bearings to the new Spark plug. Pressure/vac tested the case, It Is good. Went for a little break in and some small cuts, and the saw Will not idle for more than a few seconds. Also, when being able to keep it alive enough to pull the throttle, It Will hesitate a bit before getting the higher rpm. Sounded like a spark issue, checked the Spark, nice and Blue. So I pulled the carb and pressure tested It. Metering side diapghrams were leaking. So I replaced them, put the saw back together and tried to start it. Same problem again. After that i remembered that i forgot to vacuum test the carb from the primer bulb nipple, so i tore the saw down again and vacuum tested the carb. It will not hold the vacuum. Seals and diapghrams, all good. Looking on the internet i came to the conclusion that there Is some fuel check valve around the carb which Is not sealing correctly.
When vacuum testing the carb, i am able to hear a little noise of air sucking in somewhere into the venturi, but to find out where exactly from isn't a thing to me. Wrote here to know if some of the experts knows where i should look and maybe what to do.

I’ve never heard of vac testing a carb. A carb will hold pressure below the fuel pump needle, but It’s not going to hold vacuum on the top end of the carb. The various fuel vents will all leak air. That’s how a carb works.

I’ve never heard of vac testing a carb. A carb will hold pressure below the fuel pump needle, but It’s not going to hold vacuum on the top end of the carb. The various fuel vents will all leak air. That’s how a carb works.
In a carburetor with a primer bulb, the primer circuit must hold vacuum.

Latest posts

Back