Mac 250 and 300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyCarl

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi folks! Let me begin by saying,I have a lot of experience in small engine repair,and will offer free help if I can.If I dont know, I will say so!
I have a Mac 250 and a 300. Not sure if they are the super or not.Having trouble with the oiler on the 250. I have installed a new o-ring and cup on the plunger.the spring and check ball are in good shape.All passages are clear.
This saw was given to me for repair.I have rebuilt from ground up,with parts already on saw.Not sure if I have ALL the parts.(I didnt lose any)Problem:when assembled,will not oil!Oil rod is very tight into push button,may be pushing rod into plunger and pushing plunger to far into the bore.Found this not to be the problem.When dissasembled,and plunger flush with the bore,and then pushed in,NO OIL!when allowed to be extracted half way out of it's bore and pushed back in,VIOLA,OIL!I have tried this with the cup and with the o-ring(both new) I get the same results.Does any one have any experience or diagrams to show if this saw has all of the part's needed.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back