Mac 3200, wont run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ok, this one is one I'm totally out of ideas on. I rebuilt the carb, checked compression, checked crank seals, adjusted everything right, and its still not running well. compression is good, spark is strong, carb set to factory specs, and adjusted a few times for an atttempt to start it, and no go.

I'm also in need of a clutch cover for this saw if anyone has one.

oldsaw-addict said:
ok, this one is one I'm totally out of ideas on. I rebuilt the carb, checked compression, checked crank seals, adjusted everything right, and its still not running well. compression is good, spark is strong, carb set to factory specs, and adjusted a few times for an atttempt to start it, and no go.

I'm also in need of a clutch cover for this saw if anyone has one.
Cracked spark plug? Did you check the spark with the plug in or out? Defective kill switch wire or switch?

I.havent.been.able.to.test.the.case,but.i.know.it.doesnt.leak.

Im.on,a.comp.with.no.spacebar,so.please.excuse.the.lack.of.spaces.

Spark.plug.is.good.

It runs with fuel priming, but not with the supply from the carb. I think the prob is the gaskets are wrong, but I'm not positive.

There is no way to know for sure unless you do the tests.
Start over do everything again, use a check list if you must.
Do one system at the time, I am sure you will find the problem.

On the older HVA's I put a rubber in the intake and one in outlet, and use a old spark plug to connect the tester.
Just be sure you have the piston down.

Latest posts

Back