Making Square Cut into Round

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quacksmasher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post and I figure I will give a little background of myself before the question.

I live in the hardwoods band that runs through Minnesota, we cut trees that vary from 6 inch birch to Oaks as big as you care to cut. I am new to the forum, but not to saws. I was a sthil certified tech at a dealer for a while but have moved on to a better paying job field.

Recently I found a new 361 that a shop had. I compared the new 362 but decided to go with the 361 because of the wish wash reviews and the fact that I got a decent deal on it. I bought it new with a 25 inch bar. I plan on buying an 18 at some point for the small stuff.

When I purchased the saw I requested full skip chain for the 25 inch bar. Now that I have cut down a number of trees, I realized they ordered square cut chain. I have only worked with Round Cut RSC and the chipper style in the past.

Can I have someone grind these to round and still have them cut decent? All of my files and all the rest of my chain is set up for round.

Thanks in adavnce and I am enjoying the site so far!

Back