• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Makita 520i not running $75.00

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PULLINmyPOULAN

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got this in a box from a previous barter from a neighbor.The Casing was removed around the kill switch Handle looks like it was busted and epoxied together but seems strong (good) .The av screws are wopped out piston is scored.It has missing air filter and screws.Did a compression it was at 120 I figure it would be good for parts to someone with one of these or a dolmar 111 as they are hard to find.I was thinking 75.00 plus actual shippingNCM_0273.JPG NCM_0257.JPG NCM_0258.JPG NCM_0259.JPG NCM_0260.JPG NCM_0261.JPG NCM_0262.JPG NCM_0263.JPG NCM_0264.JPG NCM_0265.JPG

Casing is busted where the bolt goes through for the brake handle also. It doesn't include the bar or the coil that is shown.

I am not trying to lowball but I don't really need this right now but I would give you 50 and you pay shipping.

I am not trying to lowball but I don't really need this right now but I would give you 50 and you pay shipping.
download (3).jpg
Gunner,

How about you send me a money order for $500, and I'll send you a check for $600 from my Nigerian Lottery account once the item has shipped?

I know this CAD thing gets the better of us all, me included, but buddy how about taking your own advice and NOT lowballing the seller for a saw you apparently don't need? ;)

I have many Makita / Dolmars including one of these Makita 520i saws and they are a very good runner. Sure they are an older saw now but they hold up well against much newer saws. Extremely well built saw with good torque in the cut and reliable starting in my experience.

OP best of luck with the sale. $75 for this is a steal, someone with the time to repair will get a very good saw out of it.

I know this CAD thing gets the better of us all, me included, but buddy how about taking your own advice and NOT lowballing the seller for a saw you apparently don't need? ;)

I have many Makita / Dolmars including one of these Makita 520i saws and they are a very good runner. Sure they are an older saw now but they hold up well against much newer saws. Extremely well built saw with good torque in the cut and reliable starting in my experience.

OP best of luck with the sale. $75 for this is a steal, someone with the time to repair will get a very good saw out of it.
I have one and mine is a great saw, starts 1st or 2nd pull everytime. I only paid 100 with b&c and it ran so do you see where i was coming from?

This saw will never be a runner I would assume since the economics don't work. 75 + shipping +air filter(20), new plug,fuel filter oil filter (20), b&c (35), recoil (20), kill switch and choke(20)

200 and you still won't probably have the saw in top notch condition. Plus alot of time in it. You could buy a newer used saw that you have to put 0 work into.

But I just said what the saw was worth to me and giving him an option. But who knows there might be a guy out there who would pay 100 because this was the saw he cut his teeth on. I'm just not that fella lol.

I have one and mine is a great saw, starts 1st or 2nd pull everytime. I only paid 100 with b&c and it ran so do you see where i was coming from?

This saw will never be a runner I would assume since the economics don't work. 75 + shipping +air filter(20), new plug,fuel filter oil filter (20), b&c (35), recoil (20), kill switch and choke(20)

200 and you still won't probably have the saw in top notch condition. Plus alot of time in it. You could buy a newer used saw that you have to put 0 work into.

But I just said what the saw was worth to me and giving him an option. But who knows there might be a guy out there who would pay 100 because this was the saw he cut his teeth on. I'm just not that fella lol.
I got one for 67 with free shipping. needs air filter fuel lines, filters, av boots and chain. Compression 145 easy. 160 it would have maxed I think. Bar nuts are worthless and one was stuck cross threaded but not no more. Haven't anything but a couple small nothings yet with since av boots are falling apart. Just ran it sitting on a rubber mat and its strong and starts stong. Poulan wild thing I had a little ago had 110-115 and was not anything similar really one you will be pulling alot and what a pain in the..... went to a winter cabin since might get stolen and I wont miss. Would be one for target practice at outdoor range most of all. Every time needs adjusting carb and leaks oil like mad.

Back