Makita Adjusting Guide Thingy ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambull01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone trimmed off the inner rubber portion of the rubber adjusting guide thing?

Hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm taking carb adjustment way to a OCD level. Took me about 3/4 of a gallon to be somewhat pleased with the H setting. Every time I start and run the saw I have to hold back my fear that the saw is set too lean. I can hear it four stroking out of the cut (which hopefully isn't due to the saw bouncing off the limiter). This wouldn't be a huge issue if I could easily stick a screwdriver into the adjustment guide make the saw really fat/rich then adjust leaner. Right now I have to take off the fan housing cover (may be the wrong name), remove the rubber adjusting guide, then reassemble. I HAVE to see the screw driver slot on the H screw.

So I'm the only idiot that can't adjust the carb with the adjustment guide in place?

I agree with ya, it ain't much fun, I wish they would all go to the spline type now that I have the right tool.

John

Thanks. Gives me a warm and fuzzy knowing I'm not the only idiot that has trouble with the adjusting guide. Not that I'm calling you an idiot or anything.

What else would I speak of? Heck, slots are slots. You get the feel for it after a while.

Oh, BTW, you were right about the generic H and L settings. You were also right about having to trim off the limiters lol.

The plastic outer parts of the screws on one of my 346's was slipping the splines on the inner steel screw so I took them off, those screws are really small, I have too tune that one with the top cover off.

John

Latest posts

Back