MS 361 dies out after creeping on the throttle a bit… need some help with tuning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to get the OEM carb repaired but don't do it thinking you will be getting a better carb. If the AM one works fine and the engine responds to the adjustment screws like it should (regardless of the actual settings) you have a good one. What do you think wears out in a carb? The gaskets, diaphragms and check valves are the same material and quality that you would find in an OEM carb or an OEM repair kit and will have the same lifetime. There is a lot of AM carb bashing on this forum because a few of them will be defective and can't be made to work right but if you get a good one, it will perform as well as an OEM one and you won't need a special tool to adjust the mixture screws.
AM ignition coils now, there's an item that deserves a good bashing.

I have an 026 with an aftermarket carb, a MS660, a BR600, BR700, all aftermarket.
For some reason I seem to be able to make them work.

My climber can tell a stock MS 200T carb from a knock off just by the throttle pull, it took him about 2 seconds to complain. I snuck one in without telling him just to see if he could tell any difference and not to mention it didnt idle and run as well either. So OEM carbs on saws is always better.

Just re reading this thread. Those MS200T carbs are a different animal. At one time we had a little replacement plunger for those acc pumps for about $10. Pain to change. Not sure if we have any now or not. Everything 201's coming in now.
Most carbs up until all this latest crap, not much to them.

Back