Makita dcs 6800 complete

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
This was a tougher one. The saw came in rough. Missing filter cover, muffler and burnt up oil tank from running no muffler. Parts for these are difficult to find at best, luckily member kr5258 had one with a banged up piston. Swapped the tank/handle over, when I took the tank off mine I found almost all the antivibe bushings were broke, luckily the donor saw had all good ones. I rebuilt the injection tilly carb and new lines/ filter. No good. Would not draw fuel to the carb. Compression is great no kinks in lines pulse passage clear. Re check carb, clean metering lever correct. Check tank vent seems ok. Wound up swapping carb from parts saw and it popped. Reset h/l to one turn out and this saw rips. Very strong, I plan on putting a 24"on it and run it along with my 540. I also added the spike from the donor saw on the clutch cover. I've always thought dollars were smartly engineered, making a spike that can mount in or out is evident of that.

View attachment 492613 View attachment 492615 View attachment 492620
This was a tougher one. The saw came in rough. Missing filter cover, muffler and burnt up oil tank from running no muffler. Parts for these are difficult to find at best, luckily member kr5258 had one with a banged up piston. Swapped the tank/handle over, when I took the tank off mine I found almost all the antivibe bushings were broke, luckily the donor saw had all good ones. I rebuilt the injection tilly carb and new lines/ filter. No good. Would not draw fuel to the carb. Compression is great no kinks in lines pulse passage clear. Re check carb, clean metering lever correct. Check tank vent seems ok. Wound up swapping carb from parts saw and it popped. Reset h/l to one turn out and this saw rips. Very strong, I plan on putting a 24"on it and run it along with my 540. I also added the spike from the donor saw on the clutch cover. I've always thought dollars were smartly engineered, making a spike that can mount in or out is evident of that.
Nice one two punch there.My 540and 520 series run with the 6421 and the 7300

Really nice, Joe. I enjoy your threads about bringing these less common saws back to reliable operation!

I had seen threads on the 120s and si saws in the past and the following they had. Mastermind built one a few years ago too. I believe most pro saws and pro built saws are fun and relatively comparable in there respective classes. For me price is ususally a big determining factor. I have a few of "desirable" saws 346xp, 440 mag. I also have low hour homelite 750 and pioneer p41 saws. I have never been loyal to one brand or another. They all have made some kick a$$ saws over the past 30 years. Those are the ones I try to find and I think the 6800/120 fits right in

So where are all the rest of the parts from the spare saw???? They need to live in Makitaville with me and the others!!!!

I have it. But It needs quite a bit. Piston, fuel tank/handle, filter cover. All that except maybe the piston is nla. Might need a jug too
PM'ed, I have a few of those spare parts and I have a special project in mind. [emoji48]

Latest posts

Back