Makita/Dolmar P/C Kit from Watsonr Arrived Today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what the mill saw came out with, .024 with no gasket and 165psi before the first tank went thru it.

So how are the hyway rings showing compression? Usually with Caber's I see a little higher reading up front and a smaller gain once broke in. Most of the cheaper AM rings I have tested show lower compression up front and a larger gain once broke in (compared to Caber's that is).

The Kit I received last winter from Randy (weedeaterman) Is holding up fine. The squish is at 18 to 19 no gasket. I have run 10 to 15 tanks thru it. Yesterday I removed the muffler deflector and increased the exit hole from roughly 5/8" to 1" then reattached deflector. Could not really see a difference in noise.

I got a 6401 that is almost ready for a new top end, its a little rough, but still starts pretty good. I just can't let a good Mahl go to waste. I have waited years for this, but im finally ready. Already got the big air intake and muff dug out, all I need now is the cc's

when you put a big bore kit on do you need to change the carby or tuning or does it just bolt straight on and go.

Back