makita dsc6401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logrunner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
DSC6401 with 84cc mod with 150# compression would not start and would foul plug immediately. Thinking the needle was the culprit turns out the welsh plug by the needle had fallen out. The owner wants to know if there is a carb better suited for the jug mod to supply more fuel for the 84cc. I would like just a bolt-on carb and not have to mod the new carb to make it fit. A guy on eBay has a Zama C3M-DM11 but shows three different carbs in his pics. The carb on mine is Zama C3M-DM12. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the reply but that thread doesn't help me. I'm trying to see if we need a different carb for the mod and if so what part number.

I thought in my searches someone said to replace with more fuel pressure carb but guess will go with OEM, thanks for the replies.

It's worth fixing with the Zama replacement carburetor. I have the BBK on mine and that carb works very well. my Stihl MS 660 might pull a little stronger, but I'm not sure. This saw is a beast:
Big Elm2.jpg That's a 32" bar on board. No problem.

Wow 32 bar, he only has a 22" bar on his. I ordered the C3M-DM11, I hope it works I believe it was "fordman" said it should. Thanks for the replies.

Wow 32 bar, he only has a 22" bar on his. I ordered the C3M-DM11, I hope it works I believe it was "fordman" said it should. Thanks for the replies.
We get big stock to work with around here. I usually run a 25" or 28" with this saw but occasionally I run with the 32" as shown here. One of my friends uses a 32" bar with an Alaskan Saw Mill to rip stock. It works fine in just about any wood species -- ash, walnut, mulberry, etc.

Back