Mall 7H bar: 36in + 48in = 76 inches???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to happen

Three things need to happen for that bar to be used before being hung up.

1.) find rivets to make the two chains into 1.
2.) someone needs to sharpen the scratcher chain... NOT ME!
3.) someone needs to bring a Mall 7H or compatible saw to Hedgefest.

Is Hedgefest on April 27 near Chelsea? If so there may be a 99 in attendance, they are only 160cc compaired to about 250cc for the Mall. Moody has started it once and maybe he can work his magic again.

Ray

Last edited:
Finished product! Now that will look bad arse on the Mall 7H hanging from the ceiling as you walk into the saw shop show room!!!! As soon as I pick it up, and get the scratcher chain fitted to the right size, I'll be back with the finished mounted product!

mallbar_zps1e79b6eb.jpg

Now I wonder what 8-10hrs of shuan's shop time is going to cost me... :confused:

Huh... bet if I left the scratcher chain he probably would have fixed that up for me too... Nuts should have left more for him to do... I know he doesn't have enough projects... :wink:

The flanks of that bar doesn't look quite right to me - the curve is sort of "broken"...:confused2:

The flanks of that bar doesn't look quite right to me - the curve is sort of "broken"...:confused2:

yeah well... work with what you got... In a perfect world I would have found an origional 8ft bar to display. I don't think anyone would really notice if you showed up to a GTG with that bar and a Mall 7H to play with!

I actually played with the idea of making templates for a friend with a laser cutter and having him cut me the 3 pieces out of steel sheet metal. Then I would just drill through all three pieces and plug weld them together like they do with the cheaper laminated bars. It would have kept the center mass looking correct but also wouldn't be very good to use without at least heat treating it for hardness... Anyway, all of that sounded like a lot more work than choping and welding a couple bars. Shaun may disagree with me on this since he did all the work... :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back