Maple Tree Fungus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

film495

Reaction score
Zone 5, New Hampshire, Southern

Found what looks like some fungus on my trees. Think it is affecting three Red Maples. One of the 3 dropped it's leaves about a month ago, which is a couple months early in these parts. The bark at the base of these trees appears decayed as well. They'll probaby all come out, but I'm hoping to figure out what happened so possibly I can save other trees on the lot from a similar fate. We just moved into the place this August, so I don't have any history other than what I've seen in the last couple months.

Pic 1
View attachment 315789
Pic 2
View attachment 315786
Pic 3
View attachment 315790
Pic 4
View attachment 315787
Pic 5
View attachment 315788

pictures seem not to show up - there were there yesterday, and it show's them when I edit the post, but not displaying

Last edited:
ok I can't see any pics either but I have silver maples that all the younger trees and one older have black spots on the leaves and I did quit a bit of research..you can spend a buttload of money spraying and trying to cure this but if you are having the same issue that I am just wait and see..once the leaves drop. the fungus dies. If and only IF you have a cold enough winter it will not regenerate. As far as the stuff around the base..I don't have that..too wet maybe..again..homeowner helper forum..I have been reading a lot tonight and it gets to be a pissing contest between the pro's and everyone else. I can't see your pics but I tried. good luck. btw. Polyporus squamosus. that sounds impressive. what is it? could you give tips or better yet..what you would do to fix said problem. Thanks

the ones with spots on the leaves, I'm going to just watch next year and see if it comes back again. the one's with fungus/mushrooms near the house and garage will come down hopefully before they do so on their own.

Latest posts

Back