Marvel mystery oil??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And if you want your crankcase cleaned, just let your lift pump diaphragm pop a leak into the engine and let it run on diesel till you notice the oil pressure is nearly nothing at idle. When I got it fixed and oil and filter changed, the oil stayed clean as a pin for a long time, this was a 73 MF 135 tractor.

Before synthetic oil , MMO was used so you could start your engine when it was artic cold . Can be used to oil an clean systems . I seen snake oil work to keep a old engine alive an seen it not work ,

Dam this looks like a diesel truck forum lol Archoil in everything for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mixed it about 50:50 with boiled linseed oil and then used it along with fine steel wool to put the shine back on my Stihl chain saw plastic covers and get rid of light scratches. I may try it sometime by itself. I have no before-after Pics, but I assure you that it works rather well.

I have mixed it about 50:50 with boiled linseed oil and then used it along with fine steel wool to put the shine back on my Stihl chain saw plastic covers and get rid of light scratches. I may try it sometime by itself. I have no before-after Pics, but I assure you that it works rather well.
:wtf: do they sleep in the bed with you too?
who has time for that non sense:dizzy:

didn't realize you were selling them...
Only on occasion. I also like to have a nice looking inventory. One time a neighbor walked in and looked at my saw collection. He said, "That's a good looking saw. Is it for sale?"

I said, "I'm not sure. That's a Stihl 028 Super. They quit making them about 12 years ago."

He picked it up and said, "Looks to be in good shape. Tell you what, I'll buy it today. Will $250 cash work for you?"

I sold it, but only because I had three more of them. They all run very well.

I keep all my stuff just as shiny and new looking as I can for as long as I can. I wish more people did, so when they show me that chainsaw they're so proud of, I can actually tell what it is without scraping five years worth of grease, sawdust, chain oil, dog poop and dust bunnies off the thing just to tell what color it is.

If I had time to polish chainsaws it would mean that I've pretty much done everything I've wanted to do... which at this point, that list has several things that I meant to do 5+ years ago.

I take the air gun and blow them out every once in a while, that's as crazy as I get. When it rains it washed them up pretty nice anyhow.

If I had time to polish chainsaws it would mean that I've pretty much done everything I've wanted to do... which at this point, that list has several things that I meant to do 5+ years ago.

I take the air gun and blow them out every once in a while, that's as crazy as I get. When it rains it washed them up pretty nice anyhow.
exactly...must be that Nebraska water those two been drinking:dizzy:

Same here. Just 'dried out' my regular stable of 5 saws, when the weather warms up enough to work in the unheated garage I'll tear them down, blow out all the nooks and crannies, sharpen chains and give the air filters a bath. That's about as deep as I go. My tools are working tools and look like it.

Harry K

I also heard my grandpa talk about soaking wounds in kerosene to take the soreness away back in the day. He said before his passing that kerosene today has the dye in it and isn't good for you.

I'll look it up. That does sound interesting. [emoji4]
My grandparents would put sugar wrapped in a cloth soaked in kerosene. Wrap sprained ankle,rusty nail wound etc. Helped with pain and fought infection. Tenn. mountain people used what they had.I saw it work when dad sprained his ankle--turned black-blue-hurt bad. I know his pain got better after they doctered on him--he still talks about it. I think mineral spirits can also be used.

Mix one-third boiled linseed oil with tw0-thirds mineral spirits. Rather inexpensive and very effective for polishing plastic and restoring its color with fine steel wool. Please don't tell anyone I posted this. Thanks.

What's your definition of fine? Single00, Double00, Quadruple0000???????

Latest posts

Back