Mastermind Meets The MS661 Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason I ask is... I just bought Steven's 2188! :D

You're gonna like that beast.

I'll tell you guys, properly ported.......the 390XP is a tough saw to beat in big wood.

Stock though.......they ain't too impressive.

Shane is right......the 385 will put the hurt on the 390 when they are both stock.

do you guys seriously have manual falling work still? heck it seems more and more of the land here is being done by machine. they got that new spider buncher thing here now. climbs some crazy grades and is taking down some massive wood. amazing there is still manual falling back east.
How much for the spiderman 1.000.000?

How much for the spiderman 1.000.000?

i'm not involved in any numbers. i just see these things climbing the hills. was going up deer bay main a few weeks ago and they had a sign at the beginning of that block saying radio for clearance. i VHF'd the head contractor and got through. figured i'd see tree's coming down manually up the mountain but to my surprise i saw one of those spider leg buncher things. man they do steep ground. it must have been doing at least 60-70% when i saw it the few times i drove by.

do you guys seriously have manual falling work still? heck it seems more and more of the land here is being done by machine. they got that new spider buncher thing here now. climbs some crazy grades and is taking down some massive wood. amazing there is still manual falling back east.

They manually took 16" up of my land in Ohio. Farmer up north where I am at now they came in a did manually. Everything I have seen here has been by hand.

Except for clearing and thinning the pines. That was wild and neat to watch.

i'm not involved in any numbers. i just see these things climbing the hills. was going up deer bay main a few weeks ago and they had a sign at the beginning of that block saying radio for clearance. i VHF'd the head contractor and got through. figured i'd see tree's coming down manually up the mountain but to my surprise i saw one of those spider leg buncher things. man they do steep ground. it must have been doing at least 60-70% when i saw it the few times i drove by.
Yes are fantastic machines the electricity company have some of theese here , are about 1 milion, take care to dont go for service

i saw one of those spider leg buncher things. man they do steep ground. it must have been doing at least 60-70% when i saw it the few times i drove by.

Daaaaaaang that's some turf to be climbing. I get the fellar part of the name but wheres the buncher come from?

Daaaaaaang that's some turf to be climbing. I get the fellar part of the name but wheres the buncher come from?

it bunches wood cleanly. limbed, cut to length, and stacked. all in one go. they are really efficient units. i measureed a stump that was over 40" cut but feller buncher. was on level ground though. not sure if they can do that big on a 60-70% grade. there will be a day that the manual production tree faller is unheard of. just not sure when that will be.

Not everybody has the bucks to buy the latest fad in feller bunchers.

that, and believe it or not there is still some whoppers in places. even tho some could be multi cut with a machine, the massive top weight would easily overload the carrier.

Day after tomorrow.

Yer right, there will always be heli. As long as the butchers can't get to a remote spot those area's are secure for hand fallers. My buddy is a bull bucker for aggressive timber falling and says they are doing a lot of flatter stuff just cause it's so far away from any roads. And no way to get the feller bunched into it. Who invented the feller bunched anyways? I'd like to slap him across the face :D

Back