Mastermind Meets The MS661 Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bore size, rod length, and strike will make .000 VS ° different for engine to engine. So the best thing to do is check that with a wheel at the port height you are looking at altering.

Too much primary compression can slow down the engine due to pumping loses. The same is true with too much cranking compression. This is why race saws, and work saws are so far apart on build style.
So when building a work saw for example, when altering the transfers to create a smooth less turbulent flow to meet in the combustion chamber for maximum efficency is it a balance of transfer port height and shape, width, primary compression and cranking compression?

Randy,
Your approach 487826-monkey-sitting-on-a-pile-of-books.jpg seems so much more complicated then orange-popup.png. Dollar for dollar, I think one approach is worth more than the other. It's strange that they cost the same, but dont perform the same.:drinkingcoffee:

Holy ****, a quick search on the web has provided me with my new "pot stir" image. I think it will go very well in Mastermind threads..... images-1.jpeg

:innocent:

Randy,
Your approach View attachment 394309 seems so much more complicated then View attachment 394310. Dollar for dollar, I think one approach is worth more than the other. It's strange that they cost the same, but dont perform the same.:drinkingcoffee:

Holy ****, a quick search on the web has provided me with my new "pot stir" image. I think it will go very well in Mastermind threads..... View attachment 394311

:innocent:

I expect that post to get me 100 "likes" by the end of the day.... get busy with the button to the left on the right side of the screeen fellas.:lol:

So when building a work saw for example, when altering the transfers to create a smooth less turbulent flow to meet in the combustion chamber for maximum efficency is it a balance of transfer port height and shape, width, primary compression and cranking compression?

Your might be over thinking this a little. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back