May be getting out. Any ideas on my SC60TX?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumperjack

Reaction score
Hey guys. I been grinding stumps as a side job for about 20 years. But have recently just become disgusted with all the drudgery and getting screwed over by tree guys I thought were friends. Rather short story there.
Anyway, I'm thinking about just walking away and reclaiming my life.
I have a non remote 2006 Vermeer SC60TX. She's got about 840 hours on her. Wearing fresh greenteeth 1100 wearsharps. (I'm told they are too big but she runs flawlessly with them.) she came to me with this size greenteeth. I didn't do it.
She was a wreck when i got her. To get her working last year i rebuilt upper and lower gearboxes, new clutch, new control panel and just installed brand new hydraulic pump just last month.
She also has a brand new track on one side, other side is fine. She's a little cosmetically beat up but runs flawlessly. Only thing wrong is cable release is seized for control panel release ( i just do it manually) and she has an electric fuel pump because her mechanical lift pump failed on a job. I never got around to replacing because she's fine... So.. Can anyone give me an idea what i should ask for this fine girl?
Also on fresh filters last weekend and have 10 spare new teeth.
Oh and she's dual joystick controlled not the crappy rocker switch setup.

Looking forward to your insight.

i also have a 252 but could never part with her. If I give up, she can just sit in the shed under a tarp. :)

It kind of hard to appraise something with out at least seeing pictures but give you description I would not expect much. Its hard to sell something that doesn't look good. You are probably in the $15k range, maybe 20 if it really is mechanically sound.

Yea so... Of course the lower gearbox pooped a bearing on the input shaft. Why not. It's only another franklin fix...
Sigh. I'm gonna stay in it a little while longer guys. Thanks for the input.
Guess next thing is paint and new decals. Then it'll look like new.

What do you think of going green? As in the color. Hunter green.

Latest posts

Back