Mc "Bender" Bob's new Copperhead race saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Well fellas just a thread showing the building of my new Hotsaw.

Mc Bender Bob's ROOT Hotsaw.

copperheadracinglogo.jpg

Stage 1. rack off all the useless bits .

root2.jpg

root1.jpg

root5.jpg

Stage 2 a new heart for this mutha is being built right now using the all new US 820 Westbend Copperhead racing engine when finished it will be shipped to Australia for fitting in the above frame work.

copperheadracinglogo2.jpg

Added a little carburation in various stages testing as we go.
V-12 Gem's with dual tillertons on each as i have two of these manifolds plus a lower stuffer for another set of dual tillertons if need be.

carbs.jpg

I have a chamber being organised now and it will be mated to the engine on arrival.

Stay tuned folks for the ride of a life.

Mc "Bender" Bob

Well fellas just a thread showing the building of my new Hotsaw.

Mc Bender Bob's ROOT Hotsaw.

Stage 1. rack off all the useless bits .

root2.jpg

McCopperBob......Is this what you call an Australian manufactured chainsaw?.....Hahahahahaha!

Sorry Mate, but this saw won't be able to run in the open chainsaw class at most shows in the USA. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Well Dennis you must be a bit behind when it comes to a ROOT saw as they had a model in their range called a COBRA and it was fitted with a US 820,

root_820_477.jpg

Mc Bender Bob.

West Bend Super Bee

McBob
Your Copperhead racing machine looks exactly like my two Chrysler West Bend Super Bees. Whether you put it in a homelite chasis it's still to close to being a POWER BEE and not near enough power to out class your Mac's.

Last edited:
Well fellas heres another mod thats needed to give enough clearance to the twin Tillertons planned it involved removing the floor and some of the front wall of the fuel tank hopefully i'll still get enough clearance to run the fuel tank top.

guttedtank.jpg

Next stage on the frame will have to wait till the engine arrives so the centre locating hole can be bored to the correct size and the position of the four bolt down holes can be drilled.

Mc Bender Bob.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:54 AM
Subject: Re: Stroker cranks

Thanks Dave ...

My engines birthday WOW .........
I await your next email ole mate.

Bob ................. Mc "Bender" Bob.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:44 AM
Subject: Re: Stroker cranks

Bob; Just talked to u.s.m.p. They built your 820 today.Will ship to me on monday I will let you know when i get it. Thanks Dave.

any idea how these things might run for extended periods? or are all these race saws intended for short bursts. i'm just looking for some options for processing wood.. and if i can do it fast.. then all the better.

any idea how these things might run for extended periods? or are all these race saws intended for short bursts. i'm just looking for some options for processing wood.. and if i can do it fast.. then all the better.

gunnarfar,

I have a 1967 Montgomery Wards saw, bought new by my dad, that is powered by an 820 PowerBee. I have upgraded the reed valves to carbon fiber, a 1" intake and carb and the Atom electronic ignition. I have a 22", 30" & 32" bars for the saw depending on the size of what I'm cutting. I cut mostly dry large CA black oak with my saw and it is used every year for cutting firewood. When tuned right with a 40:1 mix it has yet to fail me.

jerry-

Well Dennis you must be a bit behind when it comes to a ROOT saw as they had a model in their range called a COBRA and it was fitted with a US 820,

root_820_477.jpg

Mc Bender Bob.

Hey wait I think I have seen that saw before :dizzy:

Yep I know I have but where could it be ?

Bill

It's proberly sitting in your workshop Bill ??

I stole that pic from somewhere cannot remember where now.

But they can look prettier with a Copperhead in them.

copperheadandme2a.jpg

Mc "Bender" Bob.

Yes that original 820 Root saw you pictured is here along with its twin red brother. They are kept company by many other 820 powered saws that are still original and stock. I do not have access to the parts to modify them so they will remain stock for awhile.

Bill

Latest posts

Back