Mc "Bender" Bob's new Copperhead race saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mc Bob,

This engine will also have a few more improvements internally.
Anyway till all the parts are here i cannot put the cart before the horse.

McBob.[/QUOTE]

I'll be waiting to see how your Copperhead saw turns out. Should be a screamer.

Can you buy the electronic ignition parts that are on the copperhead and put them on the older 820 motors?

I'm also curious how the timing is adjusted on the new copperheads. It it the same as the old 820's?

jerry-

I'll be waiting to see how your Copperhead saw turns out. Should be a screamer.

Can you buy the electronic ignition parts that are on the copperhead and put them on the older 820 motors?

I'm also curious how the timing is adjusted on the new copperheads. It it the same as the old 820's?

jerry.

The Copperhead runs PVL Electronic ignition no points as regards fitting up the Copperheads ignition to the older units don't think so but that said when my early bender bits turn up to Australia in a few weeks time i maybe able to adapt a different brand of electronic ignition to it like i do to my Mac's.

Mc Bob.

dumb newbie to 820 question

finding a bunch of 820 motors in my travels. terms used in relation to them involve the rotation direction and i notice that the carb is not always on the side ideal for a hand held saw. all of my saw and motor knowledge has been imparted due to the patience and generosity of AS members. so what i'm wondering about without having to search through all the archives is what do you do to reverse direction and can the carb be mounted on either side? ultimately it might not matter for my project but wouldn't hurt to know about.

Gday Gunnarfan,

Yep there's left and right hand rotation in the cranks and is or should be viewed and quoted from the PTO side the cranks are the same except for the points cam and it's offset .... US820 and the earlier Westbend 820 are the same beasts but the Copperhead Vintage US 820 is a different beast with a beefier crankcase casting especially on the back face of the cylinder were they have machined in boost ports and thickened the cylinder wall also this thickened section supports the mounting of the PVL ignition used on the Copperhead Vintage engines.

On some modded US820's i'm building i'm using the Ryobi Electronic ignition units as a direct replacement for the US820's points coil thereby doing away with the points and condensor i already use the Ryobi ignition units on my Mac's and have had great success.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back