mcCollock/Homelite bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Will 28" McCollock bar fit Homelite 925? There is a guy on ebay that says they will. Just want to know if correct. thanks in advance

I put a 20" bar from my PM 610 on my Homie Super XL AO. i only had to modify the slot by filing a few thousands off to widen it up. I did find an issue with the bar being narrower (height wise) where it attaches to the saw. This caused the chain to rub on the plates (not sure of the technical term?) a bit, but not too severly.
You could perhaps cross reference bar mount patterns using this site?
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/673d78ec01557aea88256b00005457e6/e39f46cf37dbe4a088256e0d0051dd49?OpenDocument

I picked up a brand new 28" John Deer bar (oregon made) for $18 shipped and only had to mill out the slot a little for it to fit my 925 and it works great.

The main thing is how wide the boat tail is. If its two narrow then it can cause interferance with the bar plates as Mike g mentioned,or cause a thrown chain.

If its too wide it will cause problems with the way the chain leaves and rejoins the bar going round the sprocket.

The slot can be made to fit the studs in various ways.

Latest posts

Back