McCulloch 1-43 IPL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

79Saw

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I'm trying to find a service manual or IPL for an old McCulloch 1-43. I picked one up the other day and am restoring it but need some help identifying some parts I need. Any help is greatly appreciated 🤠

Here is a link to a site that is good for viewing parts and to sometimes see a list of compatibility when searching for parts.

https://chainsawr.com/

Also that carb on your 1-43 may be a Tillotson 87D if so you can finds good service info for such at the Tillotson.com site.
A Tillotson HL63E can be used as a replacement for that carb if you want to replace or get a spare.
I see a clean looking 63E on fleece bay now that has a make offer.

Be careful when re-installing the carb. If the manifold is not aligned properly you can easily snap off a ear. The manifold adapter has a little protrusion lip that must be aligned properly.
I've replaced the old hard as a rock fuel line on some of those with tygon and eliminate the spring clamp at the carb nipple that usually leaks when the line gets old. Seeing gas in the air box is one sign of trouble.

Good luck on your re-store. (The 1-43, 1-46, 1-53 and 200 have several interchangeable parts)

Latest posts

Back