McCulloch 1-71

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Beagles

Reaction score
I need help finding out why my 1-71 won't run when I turn it to cut a tree down. It runs like a new one when I cut up the tree after it is down (vertical) but not to cut a stump off close to the ground (horizonal).
Also, can someone help me with the adjustment? If I turn the setting screw all the way to the right or left, how many turns back do I go for a correct adjustment? Thanks for all your help. If you would like to e-mail me direct-my e-mail address is: [email protected].

You are probably too lean.Turn your adj screw until they seated lightly,not too strongly tho to not damage carb.Then open them up to one turn off i will say and try it.It could be more on those old saws.If she is still bogging when horizontal,then open a bit more the H needle until it's fine.

1 71

cheak your fuel line filter etc may have a hole and be taking in air too:yoyo:

Check the fuel pickup in the fuel tank it might be stiff or stuck to the side of the fuel tank.
Carb adjustments are in till the needle is lightly seated and then back out 1 1?4 turns but i doubt that the mixture setting is your problem as it runs fine otherwise except when in the falling position.

Mc Bob.

Back