McCulloch 125 Super Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a wild guess. The saw you pictured looks to have a replacement fuel tank assembly as it is all
black and has the operator presence lever which is what the later 125c models had. saw pictured
i'm guessing was all yellow at one time. If i had to guess it will have a steel bore. Removing the
muffler and using a magnet on the bore is the only true way to know. Magnet will stick to steel
not chrome.

Could all well be- will it help if I also pop the filter and supply a photo of the tag- if it is still screwed on there?

Ah, no you didnt- came from a local wheeler and dealer- somehow wrenched away from the old guy that owned it and no doubt immediately sold on for profit.
The one you are thinking about has been up for sale several times for WAY too much.
Hello Bob,

I am glad to hear it worked out for ya but I am still a bit puzzled when I asked you if you knew what happened with Bob Cornwell's saws you seemed to take offense. None offense was intended, It was just a simple question. You are both are/were in OZ and both collectors. He has passed on to the good Lord and I just thought you living there might have known what happened with his saws, nothing more, nothing less.

Hello Bob,

I am glad to hear it worked out for ya but I am still a bit puzzled when I asked you if you knew what happened with Bob Cornwell's saws you seemed to take offense. None offense was intended, It was just a simple question. You are both are/were in OZ and both collectors. He has passed on to the good Lord and I just thought you living there might have known what happened with his saws, nothing more, nothing less.

I wasnt offended Bill- but you need to think back REAL hard to your geography lessons- I AM NOT a BLOODY AUSTRALIAN, I know little about Australian saws and or their collectors and NEW ZEALAND is NOT a part of Australia- we can produce decent rugby players- they cannot.
Not offended though.

I wasnt offended Bill- but you need to think back REAL hard to your geography lessons- I AM NOT a BLOODY AUSTRALIAN, I know little about Australian saws and or their collectors and NEW ZEALAND is NOT a part of Australia- we can produce decent rugby players- they cannot.
Not offended though.
Bob's email was OZflea@..... so I am sorry I connected the two......

I have a good supply of aftermarket boots if you need one. I will be sending a package to syncop8r one of these days and could send one along if you are interested.

I've used them on a few saws and the seem to work well and hold up well, but it's only been a couple of years so far.

Mark

Mark- many thanks- might take you up on that offer.
It will never see major production type use and I am sure the rubber will more likely perish before it succumbs to heat/flex/use issues around here!

Having said that- school me please.
What are my bar options for this saw?
It came with three, what you might term ridiculously short hard nose bars for a saw of this proportion.
I figure if I own it, I might as well use it for what it is capable of now and then- and that means a big .404 bar.
McCulloch's were mildly popular here in their heyday- pre 3120 and 084 days, but we had funny import taxes during the 1970's that made American items stupidly expensive- so there were never a LOT of yellow saws kicking about.

I have 36- 42 inch variants in D009 and D025, a few shorter large mount Stihl bars, at least one old Homelite bar around 26 or 28 inch from memory, but I have a feeling I am going to have to adapt to suit- what works best?

I'm happy for a few items to hitchhike with the package and I can forward them from here - would save you some coin.
Mark might also have a 3D-printed chip guard for your saw?

Can he 3D print a 50 inch bar for it though? :laugh:
Probably need to take it down fully and make a list.

Have established it is more than likely an old saw that has had some tank damage, possibly new clutch cover etc- new bits added as life has taken a toll over the years.
It does NOT have a chrome bore- so is earlier than the black tank and OP lever might suggest. ;)

D009 works well just need to enlarge the slot width about .010- .012” oil hole needs a little attention. Call Lil’ Red Barn and you can get a 3/8” rim sprocket set up for it! I did this to my 125C and my super 250

Yes, but by the time Lil Red Barn ship it here- it becomes a very expensive item and I have two good .404 rims for it, one still in the packaging.

Latest posts

Back