McCulloch 125 Super Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no such thing as a current retail price in the states. If you want a price then $100 to $3000. The differences in models has to do with several factors with of course year ( actually month) of production. The major design difference is a chrome versus iron bore. @leeha is the best source for info.

Yes Bill- notice the laughing emoji after the retail price question.
Yes also aware the C is for chrome and S for steel liner- but can you tell the difference between the two visually from the outside- like say if the decal is missing and you cannot see the C on it.
Flip it over and take a look at the numbers on the block

The ones in the last years of production 1975-early 1977 had the operator presence lever in the rear handle with throttle lock.My 3 slightly earlier 125's (CP125,stock 125C,125C with 101B kart engine) have just that throttle lock button separately with a ''solid'' cast magnesium rear handle.

I cannot tell you with any precision and I only have a few IPL's to work from, but the earliest models with the iron bore were typically all yellow, later models in yellow and black were typically the 125C versions. All of the parts are pretty interchangeable so there is no guarantee the saw you may look at has original parts...

20210810_063607.jpg

McCulloch SP125C Twins.JPG

20220928_075454.jpg

The last saws, probably from 1975 onward would have had the OPL and a chain brake option, McCulloch started putting a brake on every saw in 1975 (at least that how they advertised it), most of the operators took the brake mechanism off.

1971 IPL lists the model 600076 and Serial 10-, iron bore
1977 IPL lists multiple model and serial numbers (including 600076 10-...) but these are all chrome bore. Both chain brake and non chain brake are shown in the IPL.

1707143194744.png

Mark

The ones in the last years of production 1975-early 1977 had the operator presence lever in the rear handle with throttle lock.My 3 slightly earlier 125's (CP125,stock 125C,125C with 101B kart engine) have just that throttle lock button separately with a ''solid'' cast magnesium rear handle.

I cannot tell you with any precision and I only have a few IPL's to work from, but the earliest models with the iron bore were typically all yellow, later models in yellow and black were typically the 125C versions. All of the parts are pretty interchangeable so there is no guarantee the saw you may look at has original parts...

View attachment 1150768

View attachment 1150782

View attachment 1150770

The last saws, probably from 1975 onward would have had the OPL and a chain brake option, McCulloch started putting a brake on every saw in 1975 (at least that how they advertised it), most of the operators took the brake mechanism off.

1971 IPL lists the model 600076 and Serial 10-, iron bore
1977 IPL lists multiple model and serial numbers (including 600076 10-...) but these are all chrome bore. Both chain brake and non chain brake are shown in the IPL.

View attachment 1150771

Mark

Thank you both- that clears up the questions I was asking very nicely.
Looks like I might be chasing a very late manufacture 125 way over here a long way from its birth home.

Unless he immigrated Bill, I am pretty sure this is not one of them.
I guess you mistook my question. I just thought you or someone else in Australia might know what happened with his saws. I am sure they went somewhere when he passed away.

I guess you mistook my question. I just thought you or someone else in Australia might know what happened with his saws. I am sure they went somewhere when he passed away.
Yes, but this saw is not in Australia Bill- so just seemed a bit odd to be asking on this thread.

This is a wild guess. The saw you pictured looks to have a replacement fuel tank assembly as it is all
black and has the operator presence lever which is what the later 125c models had. saw pictured
i'm guessing was all yellow at one time. If i had to guess it will have a steel bore. Removing the
muffler and using a magnet on the bore is the only true way to know. Magnet will stick to steel
not chrome.

Nice. I think I saw this on TradeMe?

Ah, no you didnt- came from a local wheeler and dealer- somehow wrenched away from the old guy that owned it and no doubt immediately sold on for profit.
The one you are thinking about has been up for sale several times for WAY too much.

Back