• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy McCulloch 895 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The view of the mufler area seems to be the one that even the whole of the interned keeps from me ,lol
Specifically i was interested in the hinged cover on the rear, and how it was constructed, my hinge rod was broken, all i know about it is on the fkywheel side the 4mm rod is bent at a 90deg but the pull cord side is not there its broken off,, i can see that the rod must have about 8 mm of space so the cover can slide into place,
Just want to get this rebuild as accurate as possible.

It's just a straight rod the slides through the cover and lower handle brace.
When either gets a little worn the rod can move so folks would make there
own rod and bend the ends to keep it from sliding out.

Ahh makes sense, for now ..heh

Also i need to find an original chain sprocket for this 895
As this saw came with a modified one:

Attachments

• 2016-10-31 10.38.19.jpg
    2016-10-31 10.38.19.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 9
  • 2016-10-31 10.38.50.jpg
    2016-10-31 10.38.50.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 9
What chain you running on it. You can buy 404 spur sprockets
from Discount Marine in Michigan. Last i knew they had a couple
hundred of them.

If only i could find a roll of 1/2-8 and a 48inch bar ;)

Your can find those things, but it takes time. We'll maybe all but the 8 tooth. 7 tooth gears are available and likely a better choice unless running 3:1. Strong as an 895 is, its still only 103cc's and we are talking 1/2 pitch chain and 48" of bar.

Hmmmmm. is there any way to get thry to the chainsawr owner? i purchased a carb kit a while ago, and still have no idea whats going on after 4 emails to them, no replys.. trying to find out if the carb kit is getting sent anytime this year..

I just want to get this 895 back to running with all the original parts intact, take her out for the weekend, buy her drinks and see how she cuts, then decide weather i want to keep her.
I have and love my ms441 magnum. she is light enough to pack all day and can run in my alaska mill if for some reason i feel i have the need for a bedframe, cupboards, or a nice cabinet for the old china tea set...when im in the wilderness :)

Hmmmmm. is there any way to get thry to the chainsawr owner? i purchased a carb kit a while ago, and still have no idea whats going on after 4 emails to them, no replys.. trying to find out if the carb kit is getting sent anytime this year..

Did you phone him?

i did not call.
Joe from Sugar Creek got back to me, its getting worked out :)

Joe Salva is a great guy but I am not sure what that has to do with your post? Yes Joe had the kits made but you have lost me

Chainsawr has lost or not sent the gasket set i purchased, joe is aware if this and looking into it for me. as he sends stuff to chainsawr. yes Joe sounds like a good guy to me :)

Chainsawr has lost or not sent the gasket set i purchased, joe is aware if this and looking into it for me. as he sends stuff to chainsawr. yes Joe sounds like a good guy to me :)

So is the gentleman you purchased the kit from. As I asked did you phone him?

Back