McCULLOCH Chain Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPG

Reaction score
I was given a late 70's model McCULLOCH PRO MAC 650 chain saw, but I didn't get an owners manual. Does anyone know what the mix is for this saw? Thanks for the help!!!

McCulloch Chain Saw

Use a mixture of 40 to 1, also use Hi-Test Gas/93 Octane. Head Temperature will be a little lower & the 40/1 mix will give great lubrication at all speeds. Stay away from Synthetic oils for your fuel/oil but use a name brand...Bill Irvine :)

Thanks for the reply Bill, can you tell me what is a good oil to use that is not synthetic?

Any brand name like Stihl or Husquvarna. I use Husquvarna oils in all of my saws for the gas mix.--PS--Lately I've been using vegetable oil ( Sams Club)in the chain oiler & it seems to be working just fine. It's cheaper & totally bio degradeable. I've used other oils in my chain oilers also but I have noticed no appreciable wear using the veggie oil. I've gone through over 5 gallons now in my bigger Mac Saws & I see no wear at al to speak of...BILL IRVINE

Don't those brand names come in pre-measured bottles? How do I measure 40:1,

Yes they should come in pre meausured bottles. you just gotta get em. I keep one on hand, buy a bigger container, pour it in to a certain mark on my small bottle, and use that.

Pre-Measured oil

Buy the oil in at least quart containers---they are usually marked on the side by the ounce & they tell you the ounces per gallon for all types of oil/gas ratios...BILL

If you buy the oil in the little bottles (2.6 oz) marked 50:1 for 1 gallon, use .8 gallons for 40:1 and .67 gallons for 32:1 mix.

And why not use synthetic? I use Husky or Echo oil at 32:1 for all my 2-stroke stuff. But that's another thread.....

The 650 is loud & heavy, a variant of the 610. Fayette Equipment:

http://www.dreamscape.com/fayequip/

has parts for Mac's.

Back