McCulloch saws containing asbestos gaskets/components.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarnke

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for user manuals or illustrated parts list from the 1960's-1980's that lists or show asbestos gaskets/components being mentioned in McCulloch saws.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm looking for user manuals or illustrated parts list from the 1960's-1980's that lists or show asbestos gaskets/components being mentioned in McCulloch saws.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I make reproduction gaskets for McCulloch's in the range you mentioned (So Ive seen quite a few). I'm old enough to know what asbestos would look like if I came across it in old samples, and don't think I've ever seen any in use on any samples or saws I have worked on. I haven't seen it mentioned in any service manuals or on any IPL's either, and I use them a lot when I cross check numbers, If it was stated somewhere, Id have thought I'd have come across it by now..... Guessing they never used it. The only area that might justify the use would be the exhaust gasket...but I've not seen any evidence of this being used in them.

I make reproduction gaskets for McCulloch's in the range you mentioned (So Ive seen quite a few). I'm old enough to know what asbestos would look like if I came across it in old samples, and don't think I've ever seen any in use on any samples or saws I have worked on. I haven't seen it mentioned in any service manuals or on any IPL's either, and I use them a lot when I cross check numbers, If it was stated somewhere, Id have thought I'd have come across it by now..... Guessing they never used it. The only area that might justify the use would be the exhaust gasket...but I've not seen any evidence of this being used in them.
I appreciate you letting me know and giving me the good informaion!

Curious what your research is for if you could share.....
Someone I know has asbestos cancer, he worked on saws his entire life. McCulloch is saying they didn't have asbestos gaskets. Trying to find something that says different, he doesn't use computers.

Back