More McCulloch 10-10 rebuild questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelonBoi1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a couple questions about the rebuild of my McCulloch Mac 10-10 Automatic.

1: Since I had to take the points stuff out to remove the cylinder I will have to put it back together, but I’m not at all experienced with points and condenser, I know it had spark and it started with some 2 cycle mix poured into the carb but besides that I know you have to gap it and time it and do some other things, but I’m not sure how to do that.
Help would be appreciated, also can I skip that and put an ignition chip in it or is there more to it.

2: I honed the cylinder but this was my first time honing and I am really paranoid if I did something wrong, I know I had the right size hone because it matched the size of the bore but I just want to know if there is anything related to the cylinder or honing that I should be worried about.

3: How do I remove the oil line?

4: when I put the new oil seals back in is there any kind of paste or sealing I should put in it? If so, what should I put on it and where?

5: Is there specific gaskets I should put some kind of sealant on? If so, what should I put on it and which gasket should I put it on?

Back