McCulloch CS 38 Replacement Carburetor or Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGGATX

Reaction score
I have a McCulloch CS 38 EM , 38cc , family 3MHXS. 0384AA from label on machine. I rebuilt the carburetor and it ran but was hard to start the longer I used it. Now it won't start. Took to local shop they said the machine needs a carburetor but it is discontinued took my diagnosis fee. So is there a carburetor available or one that will work. Only good new is Randall's / Safeway gas station sells no alcohol fuel so I no longer am using fuels with ethanol in my lawn/marine equipment. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Jim

I believe the 3MHXS designation tell us it is a Jenn Feng McCulloch saw. You may be able to find and MTD, Cub Cadet, or other clone with a replacement carburetor but those particular saws were not too common and parts are hard to find.

I have an MS1544 or some such model that is very clean and works as it should, but I am reluctant to sell it since the clutch and drum/sprocket are questionable and I cannot find suitable replacements anywhere.

20200322_140224.jpg

On the other hand the CS designation sounds more like the Husqvarna model number program in which case you should be able to find similar Poulan mode and take parts from that. Just because some shop can't find the parts in "click...click...click" does not mean they cannot be found if you make some effort.

Markl

Latest posts

Back