McCulloch Eager Beaver 2014 2.0 primer bulb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpilot83

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am using my Dad's McCullock Eager Beaver 2014 2.0 chainsaw. It doesn't seem to run too bad but it does seem to idle really fast (chain doesn't stop and it just sounds fast). The primer bulb is also broken and I assume the fuel lines may not be too far behind?

Are primer bulbs pretty standard or are there different sizes? Where can I buy one? I assume if I tear into it and I don't want the repair to get stopped due to waiting on parts I should probably replace the fuel lines as well because I may ruin them trying to remove them from the primer bulb? What are the appropriate lines and where can I get them? Anything else I need to ensure I can do this in one shot?

Someone sent me a private message about thus because of my comments on another thread. I won't have time to reply to him until later this evening but he mentioned I should check the clutch that drives the drive sprocket as it may be caked with dry grease and may be stuck in the engaged position. I will check that out as well before I get too concerned about idle speed although it does sound like it's running quite a bit faster than I think it should.

Thanks!

I have the same saw, I replaced mine and all the gas lines a few years back. Local small engine repair shop had it in stock hanging on the wall. If your going in there replace the gas lines mine were all cracked, might have cost 5-6 bucks to fix, and ran her a couple more years. She has since died and I have not tried to revive her.

take the saw with you if you cant remove the bulb and it may help them locate a replacement.

Thanks. The only good small engine shop around here doesn't like to provide advice on parts. I think they feel it causes their service guy to lose jobs. Honestly it's pretty hard to get past the manager to the service guy and the manager does not know much.

I might just end up taking it apart and measuring and leaving the saw out of comission while I wait for parts to arrive.

Latest posts

Back