McCulloch PM 700 piston rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil XL 12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm rebuilding a McCulloch PM 700 and I'm having trouble getting the new piston and rings into the cylinder. I've tried a kit I have that uses plastic sleeves to compress the rings but there isn't enough clearance to keep the tool on the piston to seat the rings. A zip tie won't work for the same reason. Have any of you had the same problem? Can you give me advice. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the information. I did end up getting it. I had to rig up a device made from a shampoo bottle and a ring compressor. It worked and the saw runs very strong. I've never messed with a McCulloch 700 before. It's an awesome saw. Now I just have to find a muffler. When I was running it in the back yard my son came out complaining that he couldn't hear his video game. If anyone has a muffler to sell, I'm looking for one.

Thanks for the information. I did end up getting it. I had to rig up a device made from a shampoo bottle and a ring compressor. It worked and the saw runs very strong. I've never messed with a McCulloch 700 before. It's an awesome saw. Now I just have to find a muffler. When I was running it in the back yard my son came out complaining that he couldn't hear his video game. If anyone has a muffler to sell, I'm looking for one.
Did you find a muffler?

Latest posts

Back