McCulloch Super Pro 125C modern bar fit.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba Stump

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a McCulloch Super Pro 125C that did not come with a bar or chain. I have been trying to find info on modern guidebars that will fit the 125 or at least fit with minor modifications. Will a big Husqvarna bar work? I just need to know what chainsaw brand comes close to the mac sp 125 so that I can order a Cannon 50" or 60" bar that will work. If there is anybody out there who knows, your help would be greatly appreciated.

There is a guy near me that can make you a bar for the Big Mac's. Last price he quoted me was $200 for a new 60" bar and I supply the tip. The trick is he can only make them with one of the old three rivit tips. So I you go this route I could sell you one. He is: Chain Bar Repair, Portland Oregon 503-774-4266

are you talking about the old three rivet roller tips that are still used on racing hot saws or the old three rivet tips that oregon used to make and Cannon bars used to use on there older bars?

thanks StihlKiwi for the site on the Cannon bar match list. It was a help. I tried to find the Cannon website before and was comming up empty.

I really like Cannon bars because of my experiences with them. they seem to last alot longer and also seem like they have a really hard heat treat to them. Its like Whites Boot's, you pay 2, 3, or even 4 times what you would pay for other inferior boot brands but you get a far superior product that will last and perform flawlessly. I have done some research about the Austrailian GB bars but never have owned one so I don't know how they compare to Cannon. The GB's are also hard to find here in the US and long bars have to be special ordered and shipped here. The Ausi GB rep did say they could also custome make bars for any application and that shipping was in the $200 range and up to ship to the US. If anybody has any experience with these bars please do tell and give your opinion on them. Baily's sells the woodsman pro and woodland pro bars but I can tell you these are a Cannon bar with baily's label. I have a 28" woodsman pro bar for a husky and it is stamped Cannon at the base. If anyone knows of any other comparable bars to the Cannon's the info would be a big help.

I have retrofitted the large Stihl mount Cannon to a 125 using homemade adapters. Buy a black pipe nipple, file to slot width, then lop off 2 slices at bar width. Running on a ported kartsaw trouble and slop free.

Did you have to modify the large stihl bar for bar tesion adjuster or oiler hole? What size black pipe did you use and was it a tight fit to the bar studs?

Shoot, wish I could remember. I'll dig for it. The saws are in storage right now. The nipple id matched the studs and I did not have to do anything for the tensioner hole or oiler passages.

Last edited:
Finished product looked like this.
233012d1334071330-img_1660-jpg

There is a guy near me that can make you a bar for the Big Mac's. Last price he quoted me was $200 for a new 60" bar and I supply the tip. The trick is he can only make them with one of the old three rivit tips. So I you go this route I could sell you one. He is: Chain Bar Repair, Portland Oregon 503-774-4266

Bill Davenport, great guy, busy as helllllllll

Last edited:
Thanks , Cpr. Looks simple enough. Kinda mimics the Stihl to Husqvarna bar adapter that Cannon makes. Looks like you did a good job on it. Really tight professional look. Hell, if you did not know what you were looking at you would think the saw came like that. I am going to try the same thing, seeing how I already have a bunch of different size bars for a 084 Stihl. This way I can just use my 50" Cannon bar off of my 084. thanks again for the help.

Back