McGuire Stoves take delivery of first professionally built factory stove prototype

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidbradley360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
the first factory built prototype McGuire lava rock stove has been built, is installed, and the old one is being sent to EPA and UL for testing

I told you fellas, this was not BS. These are going to be MASS PRODUCED and for sale nationwide if it proceeds as planned. The inventor has a professional team of business lawyers who filed the patents and have incorporated the business.

it will be interesting to see how this works out !

Neither a skeptic or a fan here, best call me an interested bystander. I'm all for innovation and love to see people step out and try something new, we need more of that in this world.

Mr. HE:cool:

I wonder if he realizes it's extremely expensive to get the required testing done to be EPA certified I've heard 30k+

Yawn. When they are for sale and if someone buys one and installs it, I would be interested to hear how it works, as well as some details of the design. In the mean time - well I won't hold my breath for that to happen.

Hopefully he doesn't burn his house down before his "testing", that curtain is awfully close to the stove. Something tells me the vapors from the zinc coating on the flue pipe have gone to his head.

Hey anything is possible, but in this situation I'm more skeptical. After watching some of his videos burning green wood that only takes 30 to 40 minutes to stop smoking, to tires and trash. Hey send him 2000.00 wait 3 seconds, 2500.00 or 40.00 for the plans. Someone can call me and I can tell them I have the best invention ever with financial backup and lawyers, a patent, etc. and not have a single bit of it. Unfortunately in today's society, too many fall for these things all the time.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

We'll see. The guy who invented vacuum casting titanium was a HS dropout that couldn't read or spell. All the experts in the medical and aerospace fields said it couldn't be done, but he figured out how.

I'm not saying this stove is such a situation, just pointing out that sometimes it happens.

Mr. HE:cool:

I wonder if he realizes it's extremely expensive to get the required testing done to be EPA certified I've heard 30k+

Right, because getting a prototype factory-built was cheap, and let's not forget the legal team. This guy obviously knows what he's doing.

Is it possible for people to throttle back their retard levels or ???

:popcorn: My "Critical Thinking" class as an undergrad at RIT is on overdrive right now.........................:givebeer:

I know how to clean my cat when it gets a bit of fly ash in it slowing down the burn. How do you clean the fly ash out of the lava rock?

Aside from if it works or not you gotta love the hilarious antics of the pitch man ..he's the brains of the operation . he sounds like Ron popiel maker of Ronco products .

" if you buy my lava rock stove your not going to pay 2500 not 2300 ..your not even going to pay 2000 .. In fact if you promise to tell a friend it's only 1999 for the next. 15 minutes and comes with a free box of hefty garbage bags so you can burn up all your household trash "

We have every reason to be skeptical in this situation a YouTube video can be made by an redneck with a cell phone but we have only heard a testimonial from the maker of how wonderful it is with no real incite on the internal functions lots of claims but nothing of substance . Maybe he does have a team of lawyers and paid the big money for testing and the patent but those are just words as of yet

If it can burn green wood I'm all for it. But can't get too excited until it gets approved, or no insurance Co. will insure you, so what good is it. It's not all about being EPA approved, but if it burns that hot what are the clearances to a combustible wall? My Pacific energy stove is 12" back of stove to wall, and 15" side of stove to wall.

You can burn green wood in anything in which you can manage to get it lit. As the water boils out the wood burns. As the steam goes up the flue so does the energy required to bring it to boil. I don't see anything that would make lighting green wood any easier with that stove, nor anything that would reclaim the lost energy (and doing so would clearly mean the water would condense again).

I have to wonder why he would make a video like that - what was he hoping to accomplish? To say it was unimpressive would be a major understatement. What was with the attitude and body language?

Reminds me of the stove sales guy who came in our (old) store and showed us his stove model and told us it burns wood AND coal. We looked at it and there was no provision for burning coal...no grates, underfire air, etc.

So we questioned him about it. He took me over to the side, pointed to the ground outside and said "Hey, you could burn coal right there on the ground" - his point, if you don't get it, was that he was lying but not really in the literal sense. In fact, his stove could also fly (pack it up as air freight).

I've seen folks who are like Henry Ford and this guy ain't no Henry Ford. But, when he sells his first 1,000 of these stoves I promise to send each of you above (on request) a $100 Amazon gift card.

It's not a matter of belittling the guy. More power to him. But it's important for folks to understand the concept of the Real World.

It is nothing short of amazing how folks tear a guy apart and completely belittle him based on a few videos he posted on youtube. You guys are really something.
The videos are all that is provided, along with unsupported claims. I do not find the videos to be impressive or convincing.

Back