Met the Lake in person today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer where Lakeside53 works this afternoon and met Andy in person. Heard the NZ accent and knew it was him. Great guy to talk saws (or photography) with. Drooled over a nice looking 441. I think if I get one it will be the half wrap with the second dog. Got to say the 440 was small and trim side by side, though.

THey graciously let me take up some of their time, then I was off on an appt. in the general area.

Good to put a face to some text. Bill

Edit: His frequent posts seem suspiciously clever, and I suspected that really Lakeside53 was an amalgom of 3 or more different people, but evidently not.

Last edited:
B_Turner said:
His frequent posts seem suspiciously clever, and I suspected that really Lakeside53 was an amalgom of 3 or more different people, but evidently not.

He has multiple personality's..... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Great guy to talk to, but just dont say ....Bwahahahahahahah.....You will here some interesting words from him..

:bowdown: :bowdown: Andy is a great guy.....

Wait until you see his garage/shop where he keeps all his "projects". His milling shed is very impressive too. Andy is a great guy, and is an invaluable asset to the chainsaw forum.:D

Gary

Have never met the man but he has been very helpful to me
and many others here. I just wish I had a dealer around here
that had half of his knowledge. (can you tell I'm sucking-up;) )

Trigger-Time said:
Have never met the man but he has been very helpful to me
and many others here. I just wish I had a dealer around here
that had half of his knowledge. (can you tell I'm sucking-up;) )
Thats not sucking up, thats just stating the truth.;)

GASoline71 said:
Wait until you see his garage/shop where he keeps all his "projects". His milling shed is very impressive too. Andy is a great guy, and is an invaluable asset to the chainsaw forum.:D

Gary

I never really liked the guy, leaves me with an uneasy feeling, might figure it out someday!!
Andy

sawinredneck said:
I never really liked the guy, leaves me with an uneasy feeling, might figure it out someday!!
Andy

Yah, ya know you gotta watch those guys named Andy.............:ices_rofl:

B_Turner said:
Stopped by the dealer where Lakeside53 works this afternoon and met Andy in person. Heard the NZ accent and knew it was him. Great guy to talk saws (or photography) with. Drooled over a nice looking 441. I think if I get one it will be the half wrap with the second dog. Got to say the 440 was small and trim side by side, though.

THey graciously let me take up some of their time, then I was off on an appt. in the general area.

Good to put a face to some text. Bill

Edit: His frequent posts seem suspiciously clever, and I suspected that really Lakeside53 was an amalgom of 3 or more different people, but evidently not.

Andy has always been very helpful with tech questions, even when they were not Stihl related......:bowdown:

A very sharp individual, if I may say so....:bowdown:

Andy

GASoline71 said:

Gary

Ah yes, the Lakeside Tour! I remember mine well. I also remember the homebrew he tossed me that was like 9% or something like that. Then there's the garden, the stairs and deck he made, his old saws, the lake which is his namesake....

I learned in about my first five minutes with him that he speaks with authority on....well....everything. Birds, flowers, aviation......

He's a good man to know.

Back