MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just for all who have been to our last 2 GTGs . grampa wont be there ,he passed on last friday,it was a blessing as his 92 yr old body was shuttin down.he will be missed but glad he is not in that state any longer.Now he and gma can reunite,he missed her alot!
Norman always made me laugh when id get to see him! He will be missed!

just for all who have been to our last 2 GTGs . grampa wont be there ,he passed on last friday,it was a blessing as his 92 yr old body was shuttin down.he will be missed but glad he is not in that state any longer.Now he and gma can reunite,he missed her alot!

Sorry to hear of your loss but its nice to know he will be reunited with your Grandma.

I was just askin!!

There are a couple reasons to ask as far as my feeble mind is concerned.

Remember the guy who had a GTG or two that went over pretty good, but then the last one he announced that everyone should bring there "fast" saws and that there would only be small cants there to race in?

I guess it didn't turn out quite like he planed and the saw racers around here seem to be a very small minority of the overall population so the turn out ended up being very small. He swore he would never do another GTG after that.

At least that's how I remember it being told since even though it was a short drive for me compared to this one, I didn't attend as I had no interest in a saw race only GTG.

I was just asking for this to be clarified that's all. I have no intention to drive 12+ hours round trip if it was turning into a mostly saw race GTG. Not that I mind a bit of saw racing but its not my main thing and I'm betting it wont be the majority of others either and I would hate to see one of the best GTG's ever go down that road and turn others away.

That said, if it works out I can attend again, I'll try to bring my AK475 to the GTG and let one of you racers run it for me while I'm messing around with the old junks!!

Sorry to here that, went through the same thing with my Grandpa when he made it to 95 1/2. It was time and he went out like he wanted to, in his sleep.

Been thinking about lunch ....... some guys are gonna have to drive a long ways and its not east to bring food that far. Here is my thought. Everyone bring some breakfast item and us locals will have the means to cook it, for lunch I thought us locals could whip up a pot of something and pick up 20+ pizzas to bridge the gap.

How about I just pitch in with the cost and someone local do the shopping for me? I don't want to have to temperature control that kind of stuff on that drive.

Sorry about your grandpa, but I'm sure based off what you said he is in a better place none the less which being able to see that and understand it makes the pain of losing a family member not so bad. My grandpa/hero for our freedom WWII passed a couple of years ago and he was ready and in a better place for sure. 92 is a good run.

At this point I'm hoping I can hold out until I reach 50 and then reevaluate my physical well being and go from there:confused:

Mark it seems to me and I think you no this that the Iowa GTGs seem to be more about BSing then racing at least that is all I seem to get accomplished:D

You know it will be worth the drive:clap:

Guys,
There will be the regular GTG logs and set up that we have had for the last couple of years. Racing is just another thing we are trying to add because there is interest in it also.
Any one can bring crocks of food, meat dishes, salads, etc., but trying to keep it all cool, warm or fresh can be difficult, so we were thinking we could order and pick up the pizzas here locally and then pass a hat to help out.

Ron

The racin is Mikes baby. There will be logs for cuttin and way it sounds a few different splitters there to look and try.
As far as a 2 day deal ,we will be here settin up gettin ready on friday,if u want to come early and help and start tinkerin thats fine.

Guys,
There will be the regular GTG logs and set up that we have had for the last couple of years. Racing is just another thing we are trying to add because there is interest in it also.
Any one can bring crocks of food, meat dishes, salads, etc., but trying to keep it all cool, warm or fresh can be difficult, so we were thinking we could order and pick up the pizzas here locally and then pass a hat to help out.

Ron

let us know what ur thinkin ,were open for suggestions!
we are tryin to make it easy for u and us!

Does that mean you won't join us or bring different saws?

We will be diverse with those who want to race will be racing and the others will do what they wish. We will have 15- 20 logs of various species set up to cut on as per the norm of the last 2 gig's, I want this to be the biggest baddest something for everyone here gtg!!
Guys,

Ron
Yup

I know what it was! Just hoping it was going to stay that way. :rock:
Absolutely!!! I like it all... Racing is excellent.. But....
Without the older mag and hard to find saws, it's sorely lacking... I wanna run something I've never held before...
I trust you're up to the task...
We need to get sachsmo's butt over there too...

Absolutely!!! I like it all... Racing is excellent.. But....
Without the older mag and hard to find saws, it's sorely lacking... I wanna run something I've never held before...
I trust you're up to the task...
We need to get sachsmo's butt over there too...
Exactly! I want to see someone bring a running sacs dolmar KMS4!

I know what it was! Just hoping it was going to stay that way. :rock:

Some if us are to laid back to race anything and maybe just to lazy at least I amo_O

PLus I really don't at this time have anything greatly unusual to bring anyways. Maybe we can race 125s old school style for those of us that have them.

At the fall GTG I brought hardy anything for saws. I cut enough this summer with doing tree service and stump grinding to take the edge off for the fall GTG.

If I can get motivated though I hope to have couple saws to bring though. I have a few more cold months to get something built.

Back