Milled some Walnut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern Boy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been working on this walnut tree since October 2006.

Original post about the wood:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=37326

My schedule has been very wacked for the last six months and have only worked on it as time would permit. I have only slabbed it using a $20 lumber maker from HF, 2X6X12 and my 066. It has been a labor of love. My 066 had a fried piston when I got it and I rebuilt it with a cheap after market piston. It died within 2 minutes. I rebuilt it a second time replacing the whole top end. Adjusted the carb and some other minor mods and she has been loving it.:chainsawguy:

The pics I have included are from the last cuttings. The slabs are 3", 4" and 5" thick and 42" at the widest part.

DSC_0878a.jpg

DSC_0885a.jpg

DSC_0886c.jpg

DSC_0887c.jpg

DSC_0888d.jpg

This is a crotch off of another section.

DSC_0880b.jpg

DSC_0879b.jpg

I'll try and get some photos of the stock blanks and other slabs I have already processed later as time permits.

BEAUTIFUL crotch pieces... I love crotch grain when it dries OK and doesn't split open like it often does as it dries. Makes great drawer fronts or bookmatched sides of a cabinet or hutch.

Nice looking wood you got yourself there, Mr. Boy. Thanks for the pics. Should of thrown in a pic of that saw you were talkin' about. Maybe next time.

Back