Mini Kiln

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustytools

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I saw a link posted to this little kiln over at a woodworking forum that Ive been visiting here lately. Its intended to be used to dry bowl blanks but there is no reason that it wouldnt work for smaller sections of wood that you wanted to dry for up-coming projects. Anyhow, I just wanted to share the link with the other woodworkers here. www.woodturningonline.com/assets/turning_articles/Kiln/Introduction.html

Interesting... not sure I could justify the time making it, plus the space it would take up in my shop for the few times I really needed small pieces kiln dried. I could see for some woodworkers though, this would be handy. Was an interesting read though.

Thanks

interesting dusty, thanks. A good read.

during the winter months, I rotate my stickered wood, into my basement where forced hot air from the heat exchanger on my owb blows on the wood. I need to swap out again. I've got a basement full of cherry at 8% and yellow birch at 6%.

That'd rock for drying out burl and crotch wood for turning/knife handles...

Latest posts

Back