mini loaders??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gage52

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
im looking into these little machines, i like the idea of the branch manager for tight backyard stuff. i have never ran a mini and im looking for some info from people that have experience with them rather it be good or bad. im looking into the dingo w/out tracks to drag brush for me. again any info would be appreciated. thanks gary

I have a 2005 Bobcat mt50 with tracks and a 19.2hp diesel. It has a 36" bucket to which I added a 'thumb' grapple. This is a walk-behind model though you can add a sulky to ride on. I prefer to walk behind though the ride-on option would add some extra counterweight to increase the lifting capacity.

I use mine mostly in conjunction with a vermeer 252 stump grinder (36" wide self-propelled). I carry both machines side by side on a 14' trailer behind a 1-ton dump truck. After I grind a stump, I can quickly clean up the grindings with the mini loader.

Of course, the same application also works well for tree work. I've picked up 20' tall evergreens in one piece and loaded them onto the truck. I think it's a great machine. However, I do not especially like the controls of the older mt50 model. The new Bobcat minis as well as many of the other brands have joystick controls which, to me, would be the way to go. (The mt50 has 3 levers to operate for lowering, tilting and attachment - too clumsy).

If you think you have a need for such a machine, you'll probably find it to be a great worksaver. One more thing - I also own a small 371 bobcat wheel loader. With the small wheels, I had one heck of a time getting over curbs or small logs. The tracked machine has no problems in either area. I can walk right over large stacks of brush if I need to get to a log that's lying on the pile.

I have an older Dingo with tires , I also have a fullsize skid-steer with tracks so I know how it differs from tires to tracks. Just saw a tractor trailer load of boxers today I would for sure look at them ,tracks move to fit through small gates. Powerhouseequipment.com. Oh yeah I forgot, Your gona love the little loaders they will save so much backbreaking labor.

Ok your right I havent been to the site in a long time it is cpiequipment.com.

There are a lot of small companys making them. I wouldn't be too scared of any of them. Most are off the shelf componants,(Kohler,honda,vickers,sunstrand) that are put into the companys own fabrications. Evan if the company goes out of buisness or quits making them, Parts should be pretty common on most of them.

We have a powerhouse tracked loader and it is great. Do you only want to use it to drag brush, or may be run a stump grinder. make sure you check out the GPM and PSI of the hydraulics.

no i don't need it to grind stumps, mostly too drag brush and move logs closer to the loader. im leaning towards to bobcat mt52.

We currently run 3 Toro dingos on tracks, the grapple is from Top Notch, called the Branch Manager Grapple. We also purchased a trencher, a 36" auger, forks, and material bucket for mulch. The machines perform pretty well.

Back