Minor mod to my new MS-461R.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I installed an OEM STIHL scrench holder on it. Never had a scrench holder of any type on any previous saws.

It turned out great and it will be very handy. And, I didn't even have to bend or break anything to put it on. And, I didn't have any parts left over after the install. :dancing:

s-l225.jpg

CorpFull_2.png

I installed an OEM STIHL scrench holder on it. Never had a scrench holder of any type on any previous saws.

It turned out great and it will be very handy. And, I didn't even have to bend or break anything to put it one, and I didn't have any parts left-over after the install. :dancing:

s-l225.jpg

CorpFull_2.png

Both of these would annoy me Just the way I am !!
I would get annoyed by it quickly.

Couldn't stand the tach mounted on my PS-7900's handle, took it off and considering to place it on/in the AF hood (new ones are already purchased, the old ones would be used for tinkering).

I don't see it getting in my way at all. Even with my gorilla-sized hands, taking up all sorts of wrap-handle territory, the scrench isn't in my way.

But, I'm thinking I should take the saw out into the garage and piss-rev it for a few minutes just to be sure. :)

i tried them a long time ago. i can't handle anything extra being attached to my saw. could be handy for a firewood guy though.

I'd say a wedge pouch would be the ideal tool holder you wear it around ur waist so it can be out of the way at all times

I kinda like the way the OP has the scrench mounted on his 461 and may have to look into that for mine. I usually "try" to keep a scrench in the pocket of my chaps but having it mounted directly on the saw might be handy.

Latest posts

Back