Minus 34c and 50 mph wind ... its bad!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ... it was only -25 today and people were out and about just like it was spring time. I guess it only seemed warm because of the temps that we had for the last few days.

As for your "fond" memories .... yep, that's about it! :D

PS ..... my "tongue" experience was when I was about 8 and involved my toy (metal) pistol .... if I recall correctly it happened as soon as no one was watching, but otherwise immediately after I was told not to.
LOL, mine was the front door knob (I think around 6yrs old at the time), I remember sort of yelling in a panicy squeeling voice for someone then realizing with horror the door opened inwards, by then it was too late (lots of jello for a couple of days). :cry:

:cheers:

Serge

man those temps are insane! it rarely ever gets below 0 F here. I am sure this state would come to a screeching halt if the temps ever hit -40. Earlier today I was complaining that this winter has been too mild as I have only been out plowing 3 times (every storm we get has been rain lately) but now I don't feel so bad.

seems no matter where you live you have to deal with the weather be it cold hot or whatever.
my friend in florida says he could not live in the cold as he screws plywood to his windows and warns me that his internet and phone may be out after the storm .
his nice little home was wiped out from a tyfoon ... whatever the hell that is ??
oh well I gotta go fill my boiler so I will talk to you all later.

shayne

I know up here in Nothern minnesota, it was really warm yesterday...(high of 18) after the earlier in the week temps -51 with the wind chill. The one day it was a high of -18 without the windchill. It gets cold at home in ohio up by the lake, but nothing like this.

Even the day after it was the high of -18, it was a high of 2 F. I couldn't make my generators run as the fuel was so gelled from the -51 degree day....lol

man those temps are insane! it rarely ever gets below 0 F here. I am sure this state would come to a screeching halt if the temps ever hit -40.

In England it grinds to a halt if you get an inch of snow. In fact it grinds to a halt every weekday at 5pm, but that's bad driving not bad weather.

In the paper today (and I kid you not) "temperatures will plumet to as low as -5C (23F)". Laughable.

Back