"Mississippi Pine"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS TreeMonkey

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
These are a few pics of the tree that was discussed in the "Arborists charge too much" thread - which i repeat, i did not title it that! The specs on this tree are 31"dbh, 112 ft tall, 8 ft from the house, and i was able to drop the main stem at 64 ft instead of the 48 ft which i estimated when bidding the job. Everything above 64 ft had to come down on a rope. Anyways, just thought i'd try and let everyone see the tree i got so much flack over. :deadhorse:

It took 4.75 hrs - start to finish - that DID include dumping the logs and limbs. I did NOT have to use the chipper on this job, but i did use my skid steer. It all fit inside my dump trailer. I'm very lucky because the recycling center we have here is about 6 or 7 minutes from where i live.

I just had one ground man that day. He's a great one, though. While i'm rigging the line for the next limb, he's always cutting the previous one up into 6ft pieces to throw in the trailer. I don't hardly ever have to tell him what's next - i just shout "Alright" and he's on the end of the rope! The tree only had about 25 limbs that i had to lower down. The next day, we did a 95 foot dead pine, which only took us 3.5 hrs - rollup to dump time. But, it only had 8 limbs to lower down and then i lowered the main stem down in 4 ft blocks (down to 8 ft spar, and then we dropped it. (We didn't use the skid steer for this job since it was only a 21" dbh.

Back