Modded 390XP. It's a beast! VIDEO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to tell Terry early on that he would join the darkside!

What a birthday that was! All the saws a fella could ask to run in a day! And a great cake and good friends too!!!

Wiggs, huskys only, you know that :)

I tried to tell Terry early on that he would join the darkside!

What a birthday that was! All the saws a fella could ask to run in a day! And a great cake and good friends too!!!

Wiggs, huskys only, you know that :)

I ain't going to the dark side. :msp_mad:

Yet.

I have a big love for certain models on both sides, and own Husky, Stihl, and Echo. If they were available here, and I had cash I would also give Solo, and Dolmar a try, and ad some to the arsenal I am sure. And any more worthy one's!

Having run and felled with both give me a 390XP anyday for balance alone.
In an all out performance war I think the Stihl has a very slight edge but those who've used a 390XP and don't like them must have some sort of saw racism going on behind the scenes :)
Dropping into big logs all day and my vote would go ever so slightly to the 660, expecially now with the HD2 filter.
Felling I'll take the 390XP anyday, easily, by MILES...

Here is a Husky 390XP that I just ported for a fellow member. This is a 2007 model saw, but looks almost new. He definately takes care of his saws. In the past, I have felt like I got better results with the 385. Not any more. This baby has the RPMs, plus torque like crazy. It LOVES to be leaned on! I stopped by Andres to put it in some 28" wood, and was not disappointed with the saw at all. I'm especially interested in this saw, since I'm planning on ordering one soon for myself. This build just confirmed that decision:rock:

This was the first I had the saw out since doing the port work. We had it tuned quite fat to 13,200. You can hear it 4-stroking hard when he free revs it. We later tuned it to 14,000-14,200. It would be good for cookie cutting at 14,700, but no more. The good part...it holds excellent RPMs in the wood as well.

Here's where I really fell in love with the 390XP.

Back