Mono SL 245 Finished

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCraig

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've posted a couple questions, and this forum has been incredibly helpful. So thought I'd say "Thank You", as well as show you how it turned out. I know it's amateur compared to what others do on a daily basis, but it's my first time doing more than just mechanical repairs and a detailed cleaning.

I bought the saw, a Mono SL 245, from a farmer who had it in the corner of a barn. He couldn't remember how long it had been there. It stopped running one day so he just set it down and never got around to fixing it. $15 as part of a bundle of other saws.

IMG_2154.jpg
IMG_2156.jpg

Cleaned points and a carb kit got her running. But I needed a bar & chain. Asked on one of my other threads, and Cobey sold me his 245 with bar & chain at a fantastic price. Once his arrived, I discovered that the body of his saw was in much better shape than mine, so I decided to use mine as the parts saw. My carb was in better shape (and already rebuilt), as well as my clutch and ignition coil. Once those were swapped over, it ran strong.

Some careful cleaning, sanding, priming and painting gave me what you see below. Definitely not perfect, and I still want to find some decals close to original for the air box and clutch cover, but I'm happy.

IMG_3006.jpg
IMG_3007.jpg
IMG_3008.jpg

Thanks for looking!

--JC

Back