morbark 2400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgrader621

Reaction score
I have bought a 97 morbark 2400 chipper and I am having problems with the discharge chute clogging. I am new to the chipping business, I use this machine for lot clears, any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

chipper

Are you running the engine at higher speed or idle? Some of the older chippers would not throw chips clear if the engine speed was too low. A pain in the butt to shut down/clear the tube then start over at a higher engine speed.

Check your chipper knives, if they are to dull, you will plug the chute no matter what you try to chip. Also make sure that the RPMs are at the right speed. Good luck, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Dull knives?

I have the same machine. When the knives get way dull I've had the same problem. Agree that you need to keep the rpm's up too. Is your auto feed functioning properly? Mine shorted out in the past so the feed wheel kept running even when the rpm's dropped = major chute clog.

Latest posts

Back