Morbark Hurricane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just some observations I have made on both machines with very limited use.

1) Morbark is MUCH heavier than other brands
2) Morbarks usually come with bigger engines than other brands.
3) Morbarks will take physical abuse better than other brands due to the way they are built, and engine size.

Cost is about $44,000.00

The BC 1800 has engine options between 105 and 116 HP diesel. The Hurricane goes up to I believe about 175 or 200 HP depending on whether or not you get the loader option.

1) Vermeers have side rollers which are supposed to be REALLY nice as opposed to the way Bandit and Morbark is set up.
2) Vermeer dealers are usually great. They have some kind of alliance with Sherrill's so one stop for both isn't a bad thing at all.
3) Vermeers have a lot of options (adjustable feed rates / autofeed II / winch / etc)

Cost is about $35,500.00

If a Morbark model does not have a feature on it, like feedwheel speed, they will add it on for you. I've worked with Hurricanes on a number of big jobs, we stuffed a lot of trees with a grapple bucket through those things.

A nice feature to have if working in a loader is remote control for the chipper run it up to feed your pile, then run it down when you have to move, bump the feed wheel...

Latest posts

Back