More blue saws from Huztl in November!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedar rat

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Huztl had a new add today, they're welcoming New members to the Blue Thunder family of saws:

G111 G255 G366 G388 G444 coming in November!

G388 sounds like we might be seeing a bigger husky clone, G444 a blue 044? The G660 first came out as a G666, and was changed later, owners manual has a stickon 0 over the last six, so G444 is a 044?

Looks interesting!

Huztl had a new add today, they're welcoming New members to the Blue Thunder family of saws:

G388 sounds like we might be seeing a bigger husky clone, G444 a blue 044? The G660 first came out as a G666, and was changed later, owners manual has a stickon 0 over the last six, so G444 is a 044?

Looks interesting!

388 might be the 038. 366 would be 036. 255 would be 025.

I don't know what the g111 would be?

Looks interesting!
Did the ad have any pictures? I can't find ad.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The G444 is most likely a blue version of the infamous MS440 clone which caused a stir back in 2016 when two containers filled with them were confiscated in Rotterdam by the Dutch customs agency and another extra container in Southampton by their British colleagues.
Stihl was aware of the Dutch shipment and had asked local authorities to intervene, while British authorities acted under their own accord, chiefly because they believed (correctly) the saws to carry fraudulent compliance markings. The importers turned out to be shell companies owned by Chinese nationals who had made themselves scarce in the meantime. Don't tell me...
A little afterwards Stihl dealerships started being sent warning notices about conterfeit chainsaws. My local dealership has them taped behind the counter and they read like the Huztl catalog.

As long as Huztl ships one saw here and there it makes no economic sense go after these saws, and being China-based Huztl is effectively beyond the reach of the law.
But sooner or later somebody is going to buy a hundred of these things and dump them on eBay, Craiglist, Gumtree or whatever and somebody is going to injure himself badly with one of these things. I know you people here are cautious and beyond such shenanigans, but I take you are all grown adults who know how the world works. It's just a matter of when, not if.
When it happens expect Stihl's legal team to go in full swing. It won't be pretty, especially for people who bring these things here.

Enjoy in the meantime.

What I don't get, is why they left out the anti vibe on the G660, yet the G372 has anti vibe......what the fook! I would jump on the 660 if it had anti vibe, but it don't, so no sale.

What I don't get, is why they left out the anti vibe on the G660, yet the G372 has anti vibe......what the fook! I would jump on the 660 if it had anti vibe, but it don't, so no sale.

My hands tell me there ain't much AV on a 660 to begin with...maybe a couple rubber baby buggy bumpers?

I haven't bought any of the fake Stihl saws but I have bought a few parts that were no doubt of Chinese origin. There's a bunch of parts already in the US so no need to order from China, just order from their distributors here and save the time in transit..

Yep, rubber mounts. They supposedly make them in soft, medium and hard. Soft being better av but not lasting as long.

It would be nice, if the rubber mounts fit the blue saw. I wonder if they do.

As much as I like cheap purchases I still feel that this is wrong what China is doing to Stihl copying their saws and undercutting them on price..I have a few Stihl oem saws and didn't have to pay nearly what Huztl wants for theirs, I just buy them used and fix them up...
Quote of the day

As much as I like cheap purchases I still feel that this is wrong what China is doing to Stihl copying their saws and undercutting them on price..I have a few Stihl oem saws and didn't have to pay nearly what Huztl wants for theirs, I just buy them used and fix them up...
I look at it differently. I would never have bought an oem 365 or 372xp. I simply don't need it. I did buy the huztl kit as a project. I bought a Husqvarna bar and decomp valve for it that I wouldn't have bought if I didn't have the kit. So in some instances they get to sell OEM parts that they otherwise wouldn't have sold.

I look at it differently. I would never have bought an oem 365 or 372xp. I simply don't need it. I did buy the huztl kit as a project. I bought a Husqvarna bar and decomp valve for it that I wouldn't have bought if I didn't have the kit. So in some instances they get to sell OEM parts that they otherwise wouldn't have sold.

I can't like this enough:clap: