Moved from Chainsaw Forum cuz no one responded. Jonsered Parts Where?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Introduction, where to get parts for my Jonsered 2050? Aw,c'mon, guys...

Hey all, new to the site...spent my early years in the woods in Washington State. (Whidbey Island) Now I live in the desert, very southern CA. Working on eradicating some good sized Salt Cedars (Tamarisks?) from a friend's property. I have a 1997 Jonsy that was given to me in lieu of wages, rarely used, like new. Dropped it and broke the plastic housing and brake handle in middle of job. It's my only saw. Missed TWO autions on Ebay for 2050s, none left, can't find any on the net or from any dealers in CA. I waited for a week for one auction to end and missed it. Now I really need a saw! Thanks for any ideas/recommendations. - David

Also a member of coloradok5.com and pirate4x4.com

Last edited:
Hey all, new to the site...spent my early years in the woods in Washington State. (Whidbey Island) Now I live in the desert, very southern CA. Working on eradicating some good sized Salt Cedars (Tamarisks?) from a friend's property, dropped my saw out of a tree. Broke the brake handle and part of the housing where the handle joins the body near the throttle. Right where the vibration-damping spring is. Anyone on here sell parts or care to direct me to someone? I'll be hanging around learning what I can pick up, nice to meet ya. Thanks - David

EDIT : In a bit of a hurry...need to get the saw up and running and get the backhoe out to remove the trees and plant the "good" trees. Thanks

Welcome to the list.

George Blake is the fellow to talk to about Jonsered parts for older saws.

George B. Blake <[email protected]>

Rod has a site where he sells new Jonsereds, and parts for newer models, he has IPL(illustrated parts list for your saw)so you can talk parts with George easily.

www.jonsered.ws/

I have not dealt with them, just have a Jonsered and have saved this info from this list.

You are most welcome, and good luck with the repair.

Here's a IPL. Make a list of the part numbers that you need and I'll quote you some prices.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Thanks all...I did come across Rod's site. I take it he's a member here too? I left the saw at the job site, should get it back this weekend, then take some pix and try to figger out what I need. Much obliged. - David

Have you tried to locate a dealer? Tilton Equipment is the Jonsered distributor in the central usa. website is www.tiltonequipment.com They can give you a dealer or hopefully tell you who is the distributor in your area. Otherwise a guy on this site goes by motorsag has jonsy parts. I bought some from him off ebay. Search ebay sellers or here for motorsag and then send an email to him. I also bought from bloodbot316 on ebay who had bought out a jonsy parts lot from a dealer. Try searching ebay sellers for him as well. You may have to try searching using completed items if they have no auctions at present.

David B said:
Hey all, new to the site...spent my early years in the woods in Washington State. (Whidbey Island) Now I live in the desert, very southern CA. Working on eradicating some good sized Salt Cedars (Tamarisks?) from a friend's property, dropped my saw out of a tree. Broke the brake handle and part of the housing where the handle joins the body near the throttle. Right where the vibration-damping spring is. Anyone on here sell parts or care to direct me to someone? I'll be hanging around learning what I can pick up, nice to meet ya. Thanks - David

EDIT : In a bit of a hurry...need to get the saw up and running and get the backhoe out to remove the trees and plant the "good" trees. Thanks

Yeah check this thread, there are some good responses :dizzy:

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=26245

Thanx...will post up info on what i busted tomorra, try to get the parts by next weekend. Feaseable?

Also...the the saw is a 2050 with a 20" bar...we seem to go thru a lot of sharpening. These trees known for that? Recommendations? I know a little about the rounded vs. square cut teeth thing. I should be using round, right? Thanx.

First...why won't my browser show the whole screen...I'm missing buttons on the right side. Mozilla Firefox is my browser. Seems to work fine on other forums, which I think are the same format as this one...

Got the pix of my saw...left 'em big for detail.

001 shows the broken brake handle, missing chain catcher, and the bottom view of the broken handle spring mount. I think there's a little roll pin (about1/8") that the little steel bracket inside the brake handle pivots on right?

002 is the info tag and the top of the spring handle mount. I think I will have to replace the whole main body piece to fix that. Doh! Anyone see anything else?

EDIT: Seem to be missing whatever the brake handle is supposed to pivot on too..

Last edited:
saw parts?

Hi David, I dont think we even have a Jred dealer in SoCal, one of the reasons I got my 372xp. Try grande dog, as baileys is in NoCal and the stuff will get here fairly quick.

Dave
Jamul (SD)
peace, love, and chainsaws!

techdave said:
Hi David, I dont think we even have a Jred dealer in SoCal, one of the reasons I got my 372xp. Try grande dog, as baileys is in NoCal and the stuff will get here fairly quick.

Dave
Jamul (SD)
peace, love, and chainsaws!

Know anything about Cutter's Edge in Julian? Tried to call today, they were closed already. Jred site lists 'em as Cal dealer.

I know where Jamul is! used to go fool around in the boonies in my truck out there. Good friend of mine works at the theater (Edwards?) on the way out there.

Got a quote for new parts....more than i could get a used saw for if I hadn't missed the silly auction...

Jonsered in Julian? no luck

Hi Dave, cutters edge is a specialty merchant that sells carbide chain to fire and rescue agencies. They did sell new Jred saws witheir chain setup but I could not get parts or a normal new saw from them. They are not a saw shop in the normal sense of the phrase. Sorry
Dave.

Latest posts

Back