ARGH! Help please! Where to find a Jonsy 2050 parts saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 1997 Jonsy that was given to me in lieu of wages, rarely used, like new. Dropped it and broke the plastic housing and brake handle in middle of job. It's my only saw. Missed TWO autions on Ebay for 2050s, none left, can't find any on the net. Any saw dealers have any layong around or anything? I waited for a week for one auction to end and missed it. Now I really need a saw! Thanks for any ideas/recommendations. - David

Sounds like you need another saw while you continue your search for parts. Two saws are better than one anyway.

...and having 3 is better than 2!...and so on...

yah...that's why i want to get another 2050. 2 saws plus parts interchangeability. is there another saw that is more common and durable i should se about getting? I have a small budget, have to get one used...also, I'm only a part-timer, so I can't justify much expense or bunch of saws...thanx for recommendations.

If budget is a big factor take a look at a new Husky 350. Its a decent occasional use saw. Baileys (sponsor) has them new with an 18" bar for $279. There are lots of them on Ebay. Last week I saw one go for $240 (18") including shipping.

Other options include a Dolmar 5100. They are getting rave reviews here. They run $360-$400. Also in that price range is a Husky 359. Both of these saws would give you a little more power that what you are using now.

asb151

Thanks! If I look used, what should I look for? Is there a saw that is popular, easy to get parts support for? Any way to tell about how it was used/taken care of? I am extremely frustrated with this whole Jred experience...good saw, but...

Back